Hey DIYers! This week I will teach you how to make an easy lip gloss with only 2 ingredients.
No need to buy expensive lip products anymore. Ditch the fragrance, ditch the chemicals….why put that stuff on your mouth?
This lip gloss recipe you can literally eat!
What you will need:
Small glass jar, or measuring cup
Small container with a lid for your lip gloss
1/4 cup organic coconut oil (semi-firm type)
1/2 tsp Jojoba oil, or you can use any carrier oil (avocado, olive, sweet almond etc.)
- in a clean, dry glass container, add your oils
- microwave for 30 seconds. Stir
- microwave for an additional 20 seconds and repeat until the oils are liquid
You can add any of the following to amp up your lip balm.
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil – for extra healing and hydration
- 1 tsp honey – adds flavour and great for the skin
- 5 drops essential oil. You choose the scent!
- pinch beetroot powder for natural colour
Allow the mixture to cool for about 2 minutes, then carefully pour into your prepared containers.
Let set for about 2 hours, or overnight.
Now your all-natural lip balm is ready to use!
We will post more DIY recipes so stay tuned 🙂