If you’re goal is to remove household toxins and chemicals, here is an easy DIY all-purpose cleaner. It is my absolute favourite! Not only is it effective in cleaning, shining, and cutting grease, but it smells fantastic. The bonus, it’s 100% all natural.
Here’s what you need:
Easy DIY All-Purpose Cleaner
- 5 organic oranges
- Distilled white vinegar
- Glass jars with lid
- Empty spray bottles
- First start by washing and drying your oranges. Warm water is fine.
- Then peel the oranges.
- Fill your glass jars with the PEELS only. (use fruit for juicing later)
- Pour white vinegar over the peels until it reaches the top.
- Place the lid on.
- Store in a cool dry place for 1-2 weeks.
- Once the vinegar turns a dark colour, strain the solutions into a bowl.
- Discard the peels.
You should be left with a rich amber coloured liquid. This will be your cleaning concentrate solution.
In a clean spray bottle, fill halfway with cleaning solution.
Add water to the remaining half of the bottle.
Place spray nozzle into it. Shake gently, and now you have an all-purpose spray!
You can change it up by adding organic lemon peels, organic grapefruit peels, etc. The oils in the citrus fruit is what cuts grease and gives a lovely fresh scent. The vinegar is an effective cleaner and won’t harm surfaces.
If you enjoyed this blog share it with others.