Mother’s Day is around the corner, and with the pandemic you may have noticed it is getting more difficult to purchase gifts and supplies. This has been an ongoing dilemma for us all.
I wanted to share one of my favourite recipes from The DIY Apothecary that will be easy to make, source ingredients from the grocery store, and will look lovely as a homemade gift.
If mom likes to cook or garden, she will no doubt appreciate this aromatic Rosemary~Lemon Hand Scrub. I personally LOVE it and use it often. It eliminates onion and garlic odour from the hands after chopping and cooking, it smooths roughness from gardening and cleaning, and it helps the hands look younger too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- small food processor or mortar & pestle
- 6 oz glass container with lid (mason jar works great)
1 organic lemon
3 TBSP fresh rosemary
1 cup coarse sea salt
3 TBSP olive oil
- wash lemon, zest the peel, and set aside for later.
- juice the lemon, set the reserved juice aside as well.
- using a food processor or mortar & pestle crush the rosemary into small bits.
- next, in a clean bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt and rosemary.
- add 2 TBSP of the lemon zest
- add 2-3 TBSP of the lemon juice
- mix well until the juice is absorbed.
- spoon into a clean, glass container with lid.
You can adorn your gift with a ribbon, and include a label, small spoon or scoop if you have one. The important part is it was made with LOVE. And as a mom myself, that’s all that matters.
For more DIY recipes, check out our book The DIY Apothecary. Available online and in many local stores.